This decadent Turkey Salad will dazzle you with enticing flavors. Fresh Rosemary, Italian parsley, tarragon and a hint of fresh lemon. For those who crave a bit of crunch in their salad, you will enjoy the taste of bite-size bits of celery, shredded carrots, roasted slivered almonds and sunflower seeds. The little surprise that you will find in this charming salad is the sweet and tangy dried cranberries, which take this delicious Turkey Salad to a new dimension with its texture and taste. Garnished with lovely alfalfa sprouts, sunflower sprouts and Heirloom tomatoes.
- 4 cups of baked turkey breast (chopped)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Rosemary (crushed)
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1 large Red Bell pepper (chopped small)
- 1 tsp. of Italian parsley (chopped small)
- 4 Scallion (chopped small)
- 1/2 cup of (Ocean Spray) dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup of roasted slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds (salted or unsalted)
- 2 oz. Sunflower Sprouts
- 4 oz. Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp.. Grey Poupon w/white wine (mild & creamy)
- 1 Tbsp. of Honey Mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Heirloom tomatoes sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Always remember to wash and rinse all fruit and veggies in cold water before consuming.
- Rinse Alfalfa sprouts and Sunflower sprouts separately and place in a colander.
- Place sprouts on a paper towel to dry, then place in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Remove seeds from Bell pepper
♦ Chef Ann’s Notes:
Baked or rotisserie chicken is a nice substitute for those who do not want to use turkey.
Preparation before cooking:
- In a large bowl combine chopped turkey, rosemary, tarragon, carrots, celery, parsley and scallions. Mix well with a large spoon.
- Add dried Cranberries, almonds and sunflower seeds
- Place sprouts in two separate small bowls and set aside.
- Place sliced tomatoes on a saucer until you are ready to add them to your salad plate.
Creating a warm creamy dressing:
- Pour 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and diced onion into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add Grey Poupon, Honey mustard and 1 tsp. of lemon juice.
- Whisk ingredients for about 3 minutes then add chopped red bell Pepper.
- Continue to whisk ingredients for about 3 minutes.
- Lower heat and add salt and pepper to taste, whisk for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- With your whisk, gingerly drizzle dressing over the entire bowl of turkey salad.
- Toss mixture well so that you get an even distribution of dressing throughout your salad, just enough to hold ingredients together but not make it soggy.
Plate Turkey salad:
- Mount Turkey Salad carefully on a plate or bowl to a height of 3 inches
- Place a small handful of Alfalfa sprouts on top of salad
- Place Sunflower sprouts around your salad and lay your tomato along side the sprouts as displayed in the photo of this recipe.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
Helpful information :
Please be mindful when purchasing Sprouts at your local markets.
- Sprouts are generally found in the produce area of your local market and are kept refrigerated.
- Purchase sprouts that look clean, moist and appear crisp,fresh and perky.
- Never purchase sprouts that appear to be browning, yellowish or have an unpleasant odor.
- If you are unsure how to choose a good container or package of sprouts do not hesitate to ask a produce person to help you. That is part of their job.