Baked Salmon – Basic Recipe
Baked Salmon with lemon herb sauce and Mediterranean sautéed spinach. This is a lovely lite meal for the health conscious. This is one terrific way to enjoy the omega-3 fatty acid that salmon provides.
- 2 medium / large salmon steaks
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh) optional
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Italian dressing
- ¼ teaspoon of crushed parsley
Preheat oven on 350
Preparation before cooking
- Wash and rinse spinach very well in cold water, then place in colander to drain.
- Wash, Chop and dice tomatoes into medium size cubes.
- Chop and dice onions
- Rinse salmon under cold running water, pat dry with paper towel and lay flat.
- Place salmon in baking dish and sprinkle with lemon pepper, paprika and drizzle a tad bit of olive oil over the top of each steak.
Preparation while cooking
- In a small dish pour Italian dressing, lemon juice, parsley, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Stir and set aside until you remove salmon from the oven.
- Take 2 slices of sourdough bread and drizzle a tad bit of olive oil and garlic powder on one side. Slice in half and set aside until your salmon is almost ready to serve.
- Cover the baking dish either with the lid or aluminum foil, put salmon in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While your salmon is cooking, take a medium size skillet and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- At medium high temperature add onions and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Stir for about 2 minute then add broth, 1 bunch of spinach and garlic powder. Stir for 1 minute and add the 2nd bunch of spinach and cover for 2 minute.
- Remove lid and add tomatoes a dash more of garlic powder, salt, pepper and lightly toss
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Remove salmon from the oven and pour lemon mixture over both steaks.
- Put them back into to the oven without covering, for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet on medium high heat add your sourdough bread face down, garlic and olive oil side. Let it brown slightly and both sides, turn heat off and remove from skillet.
Remove salmon from the oven and C’est fait (French for ‘it is done’), dinner is served, ENJOY!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
♥ Chef Ann baked salmon Tips
- When you remove the baked salmon from the oven to add the lemon dressing, you may turn your dial to broil instead of finishing it on the bake cycle.
- Make sure that your oven rack is 2 down from the broiler element.
- Just allow it to broil evenly with a slight brown glaze then turn broiler off and remove salmon from the oven.
- Salmon is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acid, our bodies need this nutrient to work properly. Source: Chef Ann’s health and nutrition blogs
- ‘Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Fish, salmon, Atlantic, farmed, cooked, dry heat‘ | nutritiondata.self.com
“Several recent studies have found that salmon contains small bioactive protein molecules (called bioactive peptides) that may provide special support for joint cartilage, insulin effectiveness, and control of inflammation in the digestive tract.” Source: ‘Salmon‘ | whfoods.com
NOTE: This is the basic recipe, I plan to offer the “Simply Delicious” version as a bonus for those who do the following:
If you would like to get the ‘Simply Delicious’ Baked Salmon recipe please send the following information: