Fresh Asparagus Salad
Fresh Asparagus Salad, what a wonderful idea for a side dish. Sweet carrots, onion and sunflower seeds accompanied with Rice Bran oil and a Balsamic Vinaigrette. This Fresh Asparagus Salad is delightful and unpretentious, it stands to compliment any entree of fish, poultry or meat. Vegetarians will love it!
- 3 bunches of tall Petite asparagus
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 small white onion diced small
- 1/2 cup of lightly salted sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup of Rice Bran oil or light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. 21 Seasoning Salute (Trader Joes)
Wash and rinse all veggies.
♦ Chef Ann’s Notes:
You may use unsalted sunflower seeds or none at all for those that are dealing with health issues.
Preparation of Salad
- Chop about 1/2 to 1 inch off the bottom of asparagus and discard.
- Chop asparagus in bite size pieces, about 1/2 inch until you get to the top point.
- Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- pour shredded carrots on a cutting board and chop for about a minute and add them to the asparagus along with your diced onions and sunflower seeds.
Pour Rice Bran oil, Balsamic Vinaigrette and garlic powder and 21 Seasoning Salute bend into a jar and shake very well before pouring over fresh Asparagus Salad.
Now give a good toss to your Fresh Asparagus salad and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
♥ Chef Ann’s ‘replace this with key phrase’ Tip: Asparagus Salad
Make sure to purchase only petite Asparagus for this recipe.