Lobster and Pasta Scampi Style
Luscious chunks of lobster meat dry rubbed in herbs and spices such as cayenne, crushed fennel, dill, crushed garlic, lemon zest and smoked paprika. Shallots and scallions sautéed with sweet mini bell peppers, in a savory scampi sauce tossed into a Nest of Tagliatelle Pasta.
4 3-4 oz lobster tails
6 or 8 Tagliatelle Nests (pasta)
1 Tbsp. of juice from fresh lemon + 1/4 tsp. of zest
6 medium mini sweet red bell peppers (sliced thin circular rings with seeds removed)
6 Scallions (diced)
8 large Shallots (chopped)
2 Tbsp. crushed garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. crushed Fennel seed
1 tsp. of fresh crushed Dill weed
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. crushed Rosemary
4 Tbsp. Sweet butter (optional)
2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
3 Tbsp. Honey Mustard
Pinch of Kosher salt (optional)
1 cup Mascot wine (white) (optional)
1 cup of water
1 1/2 cup of chicken stock
♦ Chef Ann’s Notes:
- Let me start off by saying, preparing lobster can be intimidating for some. Please allow me to help you take the stress out of it.
- You can buy fresh or frozen lobster tail. Check the fish market or your local supermarket to find out their delivery days.
- This dish calls for (4) 3-4 oz lobster tails, this is of course optional. Those of you not wanting to fuss with removing the meat from the shell can always ask the butcher for help (refer to the link under helpful information below). Do keep in mind that the aim is to remove the meat completely from the shell.
- My choice of wine for this dish is the Mascoto (white), of course this is optional. Any white (sweet) wine of your choice will work for this dish.
- My photo displays the lobster for those advanced folks who don’t mind the extra time it takes to remove the shell.
- I also want to make note, that some of the ingredients via my photo are optional for those that may not want to use some of the ingredients I have chosen for this recipe. There are a few missing ingredients in this photo as well. Visuals are wonderful aren’t they. -;)
FYI, if you buy frozen lobster tails and plan to cook them the same day, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator or in a bowl of cold water.
- Rinse lobster tails in cold water and refrigerate on ice until ready for use
- Wash and Rinse all produce
- Make sure you have all ingredients before you begin
- Peel and rinse shallots in cold water before slicing
Preparation before cooking Lobster:
- Remove meat from lobster tails
- Rinse in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel
- Chop 1/2 inch pieces and place in a medium size bowl
- Add cayenne pepper, dill weed, crushed fennel, smoked paprika and lemon zest
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Cooking Pasta Nest:
- In a larger skillet about 3.5 qt size, Add 1 cup of water plus 1 cup of chicken stock and bring to a rapid boil before adding tagliatelle pasta nest. A Pinch of salt is (optional)
- Add Rosemary and allow pasta to boil for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- While pasta is boiling and liquid is cooking down, take a fork or spoon and lift pasta nest and gingerly flip them over. This will insure no sticking to the skillet as well as perfect texture to your pasta.
- Also while pasta is boiling start the process for “Sauteed veggies and lobster”
- The amount of liquids will cook down quickly and you may need to add a tad bit more of chicken stock or water, this is optional depending on how many pasta nest you have placed in the liquid at the start.
- Lower heat to simmer when pasta is done, do not remove the liquid.
Sauteed veggies and lobster:
In a 10″/24 skillet (medium size) add 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil and heat at medium high temperature, add chopped shallots and bell peppers. Allow ingredients to slightly brown before stirring.
Remove lobster meat from refrigerator and add to your saute mixture along with scallions and crushed garlic. stir for about 1 minute and allow mixture to saute for about 4 minutes more, then remove from heat and add to the pasta skillet and toss.
In the same saute skillet add butter, lemon juice, honey mustard, Mascoto and salt to taste.
Allow this mixture to slightly boil for about 2 minutes then whisk for about 3 minutes and remove from heat and pour over your pasta and lobster saute.
You are now ready to serve up this scrumptious Lobster and Pasta Scampi Style entree.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 – 4
How to boil and cook lobster (video)