Scallops and Shrimp Thai Curry
Scallops and Shrimp Thai Curry, bay scallops bursting with flavor, mouth-watering shrimp, fresh zucchini, scallions and red Thai chiles in coconut milk.
2 dozen Bay Scallops Fresh or frozen look for (dry pack) if buying frozen
2 dozen large shrimp cooked (frozen)26-30 ct (peeled, deveined and tail-on)
1 large zucchini sliced thin
3 scallion diced small
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed/ground ginger
1 small yellow onion diced
2 Thai chile peppers (whole)
1 tablespoon crushed chile peppers
3 tablespoon red mild chile powder
4 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon tumeric
1 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 13.5 oz can of Coconut milk (sweet)
Rinse scallops and shrimp separately in cold water, drain and pat dry with paper towel
Remove shell attached to tail on shrimp
Always rinse produce
♦ Chef Ann’s Notes:
This Scallops and Shrimp Thai Curry dish, is a tad bit pretentious in its level of heat. The use of sweet coconut milk will help to balance this luscious dish. However, for those of you that can’t take the heat simply omit the crushed red chile peppers and perhaps one of the Thai chiles. This will truly tone things down for you! I was able to achieve the great Thai flavor of this dish without using curry paste.
Preparation before cooking
- In a medium bowl add 2 tablespoons of yellow curry powder and 1 tablespoon of tumeric, 1 tablespoon of red chile powder, mix with a fork and add scallops. Make sure that scallops are well coated with seasoning.
- Cover and Place in refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl add 2 tablespoon of chile powder, smoked paprika, crushed chile peppers, 2 tablespoon of yellow curry powder. Mix with a fork and add shrimp.
- Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Chop zucchini in half and slice each half in thin slices at an angle/slant, and set aside.
Preparation while cooking
- Tune in to your favorite music channel
- Sing out loud while you put your whole heart into the making of this Thai Curry dish.
- In a large non stick skillet add coconut oil and diced onion at medium high heat. Sir for about a 1 minute then add minced garlic and ginger
- Lower heat and add scallops, allow them to cook for about 1 and 1/2 minutes stir lightly
- Remove scallops from skillet and place in a small dish
- Add shrimp to the same skillet and stir mixture around in the skillet for 2 minutes
- Pour in coconut milk and stir ingredients for about 1 minute, add Thai chile peppers (whole)and diced scallion
- Reduce heat, cover and allow curry to simmer for 20 minutes
- Stir every 5 minutes
- Remove lid add scallops and zucchini at the last 5 minutes of simmering
Wow you have just completed a mouth-watering dish of Scallops and Shrimp Thai Curry!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
♥ Chef Ann’s Tip:
Scallop and Shrimp Thai Curry, will pair delightfully with coconut or brown rice.
When buying scallops or shrimp, I prefer frozen if I am unable to find fresh at my local supermarket. Here is a website I know you will find interesting.