This is the basic cabbage salad recipe which requires 5 ingredients.
- 1 small green cabbage chopped or shredded
- 3 medium size carrots chopped thin
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp of Ms. Dash original blend seasoning
- ¼ tsp of salt
- Make sure you have washed and rinsed all of your veggies well.
- In a large bowl add all of your vegetables and season to your taste.
- Add your favorite salad dressing as a final (optional) touch.
Preparation time: 8-15 (depending on method used to chop, shred and dice; i.e., by hand or food processor)
A few facts about cabbage and carrots
“Cancer prevention tops all other areas of health research with regard to cabbage and its outstanding benefits”. Source: ‘Whats New and Beneficial About Cabbage’ from whfoods.com
“Cabbage is excellent for gastrointestinal health because of its high fiber content.” Source: ‘Cooking with Cabbage‘ by Aine McAteer via oprah.com/food
“The antioxidants and phytochemicals in carrots may also help with blood sugar regulation, delay the effects of aging, and improve immune function.” Source: ‘What are the health benefits of carrots‘ – medicalnewstoday.com
NOTE: This is the basic recipe, I plan to offer the “Simply Delicious” version as a bonus for those who do the following:
If you would like to get the ‘Simply Delicious’ Cabbage Salad recipe please submit the following information: