Colorful Salad green and purple chopped cabbage, diced carrots, dried cranberries, sweet colorful bell peppers, onion, crisp jicama, sunflower seeds and walnuts. Tossed with an all natural sesame dressing. You will be asking for seconds!
1 medium green cabbage chopped
1 medium purple cabbage chopped
3 medium diced carrots
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1 small Jicama diced
1 medium orange, 1 red and 1 yellow sweet bell pepper
4 medium Persian cucumbers (chopped in half)
1 white red onion diced
1/2 cup of salted or unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup of chopped walnuts
(Optional) 2 cups of chopped or shredded /chicken or turkey
1 cup of all natural Sesame Dressing
- Wash and rinse all produce then place in colander to drain
♦ Chef Ann’s Notes:
- This Colorful Salad is wonderful for a party.
- This recipe will serve up to 12 guest. Chopping each cabbage in half, will give you 4-6 guest servings
- Ms. Dash seasoning works well for those who are unable to find the Trader Joe’s, 21 salute seasoning
- My Colorful Salad is Awesome with or without meat! Vegetarians go for it and by all means enjoy yourself
Preparation before serving:
- Combine all of your chopped and diced produce in a very large bowl
- Add seeds, dried cranberries and nuts
- Combine either meat of your choice to the bowl along with seasoning
- Pour on the Sesame dressing and toss, toss
This crunchy mouth-watering Colorful Salad will have you coming back for seconds!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: None
Total time: 30 minutes
♥ Chef Ann’s Tip for the Colorful Salad:
You can cut your prep time in half if you use a food processor. Cooking is therapy for me, so I love all the chopping and dicing.
For those of you that have allergies to nuts and seeds, try grapes or tangerines.