Chicken edamame is a nutritious meal with boneless skinless chicken breast, edamame and bell (sweet) peppers. A delightful meal that anyone can make.
- 2 large boneless/skinless chicken breast [cut into medium chunks]
- 1 16 ounce bag of frozen shelled edamame
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- We will start with a large skillet; pour in 1 cup of water and add the chicken, garlic and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on medium-high heat for about 25 minutes or until it starts to boil.
- Remove lid and add edamame, diced onion, salt and pepper. Stir for about a minute and put lid back on and lower heat to medium.
- In a small sauce pan pour in 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk, bring to a slight boil.
- In a small bowl add 2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour, salt and pepper; stir until this mixture becomes smooth and slightly thick.
- Remove from heat and set aside so that you can now take the bay leaf out of the chicken edamame.
- Pour sauce over Chicken edamame, mix well and serve.
♥ Chef Ann’s ‘Chicken Edamame’ for your health note:
This is one of my husbands, Chez Gordy, favorite healthy meals since it contains edamame beans and boneless skinless chicken breast. For those who suffer from high cholesterol, high blood pressure and type-2 diabetes consider edamame as a snack and primary substitute.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 1 hour
NOTE: This is the basic recipe, I plan to offer the “Simply Delicious” version as a bonus for those who do the following:
If you would like to get the ‘Simply Delicious’ Chicken Edamame recipe please send the following information: